Post Graduate Psychiatric Nursing Capstone Certificate
Please Note: The program start date has been changed from fall to summer. Beginning in 2016, all newly admitted students will start in the 2016 summer session with a three credit psychopharmacology course.
A faculty admissions committee reviews applications once a year for summer admission. The application opens in early September, and all materials must be received by our February 1 deadline for consideration.
Eligibility Requirements for Admission to Psychiatric Nursing Capstone
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited nursing program
- Master’s degree from an accredited nursing program
- RN license
- Certification as an advanced practice nurse or eligible (meet all requirements) to apply for certification as an advanced practice nurse (refer to our Curriculum page for exam eligibility requirements)
- Apply for this Capstone Certificate as a University Special student through the Division of Continuing Studies. Applicants should select Capstone Certificate as Reason for Applying, and Post Graduate Psychiatric Nursing Program (UNCS830) as the program selection.
- Seek letters of recommendation. You need at least three letters of recommendation. Refer to the Admissions FAQs (pdf) for more information about letters of recommendation.
- Submit the following materials in one envelope:
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Psychiatric Nursing Transcript Instruction Sheet (pdf)
- Post Graduate Education Statement - instructions are on the Admissions FAQs (pdf)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Photocopy of nursing license from your current state of residence
- Photocopy of advanced practice certification (if you are an APN)
Materials should be sent to the following address:
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
Academic Programs Student Services
Cooper Hall, Suite 1100
701 Highland Avenue
Madison WI 53705