Early Entry PhD Option
Admission to the Early Entry PhD Option typically occurs once a student has been admitted to the nursing major, although other entry options are also possible. Applications are considered once a year for fall admission. The application deadline is June 1. Applications are reviewed by a faculty committee who takes into consideration the application materials and results of the Early Entry PhD Option admission interview. The decision to admit a candidate is based on the fit with the program goals, previous academic performance, and research aptitude and/or experience.
Application materials to be submitted:
- Application to the Early Entry PhD Option (download PDF)
- *ACT or SAT scores
- **Transcripts of all post secondary education
- A description of your reasons for seeking admission to the Early Entry PhD Option. The statement should include your interests related to nursing and your academic (educational and career) goals. Include any information about your background (prior research experience, scholarly interest and academic recognition and awards) that you believe is relevant to your qualifications for admission.
- The names and addresses of three individuals who can speak to your academic capabilities, scholarly activities, and potential for success in the Early Entry PhD Option. (download PDF)
* Not required if test scores were submitted to UW-Madison as part of admission.
** Not required if transcripts were submitted as part of admission to the nursing major
Submit materials by June 1 to:
Coordinator of PhD Programs Academic Student Services
Telephone: (608) 263-9109
Fax: (608) 263-5296
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
Academic Programs Student Services Offices
Cooper Hall, suite 1100
701 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705