Nurse Educator Certificate Program
The nine-credit program of study consists of two 3-credit nurse educator courses (N785 and N786) and a three-credit teaching practicum experience (N787). The Nurse Educator courses will be delivered in a blended-learning format (primarily online with regularly scheduled in class sessions). The Nurse Educator Practicum may be arranged near a student’s home community and will include periodic in-class seminar sessions. The program of study is completed over a calendar year (spring-fall).
- The Nurse Educator Certificate Program requires 9 credits.
- All credits must be taken in residence at the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Nursing.
- Courses graded Credit/No Credit are not included in the nurse educator certificate.
- No courses may be taken pass/fail.
- The curriculum and requirements for the Post-Graduate Nurse Educator Certificate Program are prescribed; few exceptions or course substitutions permitted. Exceptions must be approved by the certificate program director.